If you are having issues with your Iridium Extreme unit, it is best to have a look at the below recommended settings to ensure it is correctly setup.
Iridium Extreme Recommended Settings:
1) Turning the keypad tone off:
From the device select Menu > Setup > Voice and tone > Keypad tones > No tone.
2) GPS update time:
From the device Select Menu > Setup > Location Options > GPS Options > GPS
Update Options > Real time
3) Enable GPS:
From the device select Menu > Setup > Location Options > GPS Options > GPS
On/Off > Enable
4) Tracking Frequency:
From the device select Menu > Setup > Location Options > Message Options >
Regular Update > Update Frequency > 10 minutes
5) Panic mode functionality:
From the device select Menu > Setup > Location Options > Emergency Ops >
Emergency Actions > Message Only
6) Remove recipient:
From the device select Menu > Setup > Location options > Emergency Options >
Message Recipient > and delete *3
Unit is not reporting/wrong location on the platform
Check whether the unit has a correct date and time displayed on the handset. If a device is reporting with an invalid system time, inaccurate location or no messages are transmitted to the platform.
To reset the date on the phone, the below instructions will need to be followed:
1. Switch on the units with a clear view of the sky, Dial*#99#2014051114235500# on the satellite phone.
2. Press the green key.
3. Turn the unit OFF and then switch it back ON again.
Once this has been completed, you should see the correct time and date displayed on the handset. The unit will then report as expected to the platform.
If the date and time is correct on the handset, please can you ensure that the devices have a clear line of sight to the sky and that they are left outside for 30 minutes. When you switch on a unit with a GPS chip, it takes a while for the chip to acquire a good positional fix from the GPS satellites (called a 'cold start'). Therefore, to give the units enough time to 'wake up' - please leave them with a clear view to the satellites for 30 minutes and they should then be fine to use.
Check SIM or Insert SIM error on Iridium phone
If the SIM card has been active and you are receiving this error, please follow the below steps to resolve the issue
Remove SIM card:
- Remove the battery by sliding up the release clip and pulling the battery out. See the diagram below for additional assistance.
- Note the position of the cut corner on the SIM card
- Remove SIM card
- Obtain a soft cloth or contact cleaner
- Wipe gold contacts on SIM card
Insert SIM card:
- Make sure the cut corner is on the same side displayed on the SIM card slot
- Insert the battery and press firmly to lock it into place
- Press and hold power button
- The phone will power on and begin to search for the Iridium network
Please note that Iridium have recalled firmware HL 17002 and recommend that all Iridium Extremes use version HL 15002. All Track24 Iridium Extremes are loaded with firmware version HL 15002 as a standard.