Track24 clients often like to deactivate a Smart24 licence, and then reactivate it at a later date. This can be done for multiple reasons, such as a regular business traveller only activating it when they are travelling, or when a client would like to 'reuse' this licence for another individual.
Please follow the below steps to do this:
1. Choose the app user you would like to deactivate, and click the 'Deactivate/Reactivate' button in the 'Action' column.
2. Click 'Deactivate'.
3. When asked for confirmation, click yes. Please note that this will immediately deactivate the existing Smart24 app for the current end user.
4. The app user will now appear with 'Deactivated' as its status. You will also see a pop-up window at the bottom of the screen in green saying 'Successfully deactivated the device.' You can now click the 'Deactivate/Reactivate' button again to reactivate the app to a new user.
5. You now need to enter the email of the new user, to ensure the app is reactivated to the correct person.
6. When you select 'Reactivate' this will send an email notification to the end user providing them with an access code, download links for the Smart24 app, and a short statement saying the name of the organisation that has activated the app for them.
7. The Smart24 app will now appear as 'Pending' in the status column until the end user enters the access code to activate the app. You can cancel the activation from the action column. A green banner will appear at the bottom of the screen stating 'Successfully reactivated the device.'
Please note to change the Device Name when reactivating a device, this should be done from the Device menu on the map screen. Track24 will be adding the ability to edit the name during reactivation in our next iteration of the Administration Module.