Certain types of Devices (eg. Whisper, Smart24, PackMaster Lo-Pro) are capable of sending and receiving messages to and from the Grid. This section explains how to view messages received on platform, how to send messages from the Grid to the Devices and how to view sent and deleted messages.
The Text tab can be found on the Alarm toolbar, located on the right-hand side of the main Grid screen. If there are no messages within the Inbox, the tab will be grey. Once a new message arrives, the tab will turn green. The numerical counter indicates the number of unread messages on the Grid.
- Click Text > Inbox to view all messages within the Inbox. The Inbox tab is located on the top tool bar of the Text window. Both the Sent and Trash screens are displayed and operate in the same way as the Inbox.
- A line highlighted in green indicates an unread message, whereas a white background indicates that the message has been read.
- Double clicking on a sender in the From column takes you to the New message screen where you can view whether the message was sent to a device or a User. This will also mark the message as read and the numerical total in the Text tab will be reduced by one count.
- Selecting the column header will filter the results by that heading.
- Options to go to the next screen, along with the number of results pages are listed here.
- Use the Search function to filter messages by sender, content or date.
- Canned and Text displays the Canned message or Text message sent to that Users Inbox.
- Check ‘Show Unread’ to view all unread messages within the Inbox. This function is not available in the Sent or Trash views.