There are two ways to send a message to a Device from the Grid: by double clicking on the device on the Grid, or by opening the Text window, through the Alarm tab. First, we shall explain how to send a message from the Alarm toolbar, which is found on the right hand side of the Main Grid screen.
- To create a new message to send from the Grid, click Text > New.
- Select Devices and Users to send a message to. Sending a message to a User will send a message to their Inbox.
- Select between Groups of Devices or Individual Devices to send a message to by clicking on the respective tab.
- Use the search function, found at the top of the Devices and Users column, to filter the results by that name. Alternatively you can scroll through the list of results manually.
- Tick Select all to send a message to all Devices or Users.
- A list of recipients will appear in the bottom task bar. To remove a recipient from the list, select
- Write a free message or select from a list of pre-defined Canned messages.
- Click Send to deliver the message.
- Click Clear to delete the message.