Users can be added to Groups, which controls what they can and cannot see on the Grid. In order to add a new User to the Grid, you must be a either a Customer Admin or a Device Group Admin. The email address used to create an account must be unique, e.g. not associated with an account on the platform already.
- The Users tab can be found on the Main Toolbar, located on the left-hand side of the Main Grid screen.
- Click Users > Add New User to create a new User on the Grid. This will open a new window, titled ‘Add new user’.
- Create a User Name, First Name and Last Name for the User.
- Select whether the User must use 2-Factor Authentication.
- Select whether the New User receives Email and SMS notifications on alarms.
- Select Permissions for the New User. It is here you can select between an End User, Advanced User or Device Group Admin.
- Select which groups the user has access to.
- An individual user can be part of multiple groups and have different permissions for each group. To add a new role, click Add new role and define which groups and permissions that user has.
- Click on Features to choose to limit features available to the User, for example by removing the ability to access Reports or History.
- Click Submit to save your settings, or Cancel to remove the User details.
- Click X to close the window.
Article is closed for comments.