The main purpose of the alarm bar is to provide a constant visual indication of the status of alarms on the system. The alarm bar can be found on the right hand side of the main Grid screen.
There are seven different types of events that can trigger an alarm: Panic, Collision, Geofence, Speed, Non-Report, Check-in, and Text. Each event is represented by a different colour – for instance, red is a panic – and this corresponds to the icon colour on the map for a device that has breached an event.
- When an alarm is triggered the following automatically occurs on the Grid:
- The alarm tab on the right-hand toolbar will turn from grey to the respective alarm colour if there have been no previous alarms. Otherwise, the alarm tab will continue to be the same colour.
- The numerical counter will rise by one number.
- Depending on your Profile Settings, an audible alarm can be set.
- A Pop-up window showing the call sign of the alarming Device is displayed, with options to Manage,Acknowledge or Reset the alarm.
- The device currently alarming will animate and change colour to the correct alarm type.
- Clicking on one of the alarms will open a Summary window for all active alarming devices within the last 3 months. Details and actions can be made from this window, including options to Reset, Acknowledge or Manage an alarm.