The main purpose of the alarm bar is to provide a constant visual indication of the status of alarms on the system. The alarm bar can be found on the right hand side of the main Grid screen.
- There are five different types of events that can trigger an alarm: Panic, Geofence, Report, Speed and Text. Each event is represented by a different colour – for instance, orange is a geofence – and this corresponds to the icon colour on the map for a device that has breached an event.
- In this image, there is 1 active Panic alarm, 3 Geofence alarms, 1 Report alarms, 1 Speed alarms and 13 Text alarms.
- When an alarm is triggered the following automatically occurs on the Grid:
- The alarm tab on the right-hand toolbar will turn from grey to the respective alarm colour if there have been no previous alarms. Otherwise, the alarm tab will continue to be the same colour.
- The numerical counter will rise by one number.
- Depending on your Profile Settings, an audible alarm can be set.
- A Pop-up window showing the call sign of the alarming Device is displayed, with options to Manage,Acknowledge or Reset the alarm.
- Clicking on one of the alarms will open a Summary window for all active alarming devices within the last 3 months. Details and actions can be made from this window, including options to Reset, Acknowledge or Manage an alarm.