When an alarm appears on the Alarm Bar, the user has three options; Manage, Acknowledge or Reset.
- Click [Alarm tab] > [Device Name] > Acknowledge or Reset.
- Acknowledge immediately sends a message to the device informing the user that the panic alarm has been acknowledged.
Note: The device will continue to be in panic mode and transmit position reports until reset.
If your Profile settings have been configured to make an audio alarm when a device triggers an alarm, clicking Acknowledge will mute the alarm sound.
- The user can click Acknowledge All if she/he wishes to acknowledge all alarms within that alarm tab simultaneously.
- Reset will immediately send a command to the alarming device to reset the alarm.
Note: Position reports will continue to transmit at the present interval and the status of the reset command is provided – i.e. whether the device has received the command or not. Panic alarms can take up to 15 minutes to reset for satellite devices, do not switch the device off until it has successfully reset.
Until confirmation is received the Reset button will say Pending. As soon as the GRID receives confirmation that the device has received the command, the alarm is moved from the Current tab, to the 1 day tab.
- Checking the alarm in the 1 day tab will show the name of the user who sent the reset command.
- Certain devices have the reset function on the device itself. If this option is used, before a GRID user resets the panic alarm, then the Reset button on the alarm will state
- Reset All can be used to reset multiple alarms simultaneously.
Note: for a Speed, Geofence and Report alarm, no command is sent to the tracker when Acknowledging or Resetting an alarm.
Please see below for a video of how to respond to an alarm: