If you need to create a SearchLight region, please follow the below steps. Alternatively, you can watch the video at the end of this article.
- Navigate to the SearchLight module. This will appear in the top toolbar.
- Click on the magnifying glass to search for a specific area, in this example we use Moorgate in London.
- Click on the circle icon below, to draw a SearchLight region on the map.
- You can click on the square and pencil icon to then edit the SearchLight region before sending it out to users.
- You can choose a duration for the SearchLight region, ranging from 15 minutes to 1 day. This duration means the SearchLight region will remain dormant on your users's phone for the specified time. As such, if somebody were to enter the SearchLight region at any time during this period, it will update on the SearchLight module and on the user's phone.
- You can also choose to give the SearchLight region a specific name.
- Once you are happy with the SearchLight region's size and location, you can click 'Create new SearchLight zone' to save this and send it to your users.
After a SearchLight zone has been created you will start to see the map and headers update as your users update. You should expect to see the following:
- Inside: A number of users will potentially be found as 'Inside' the SearchLight region. These users will be alerted to this. Users who are found to be inside the SearchLight region will be visible on the map as green circles or clusters.
- Unconfirmed: A number of users will potentially be unreachable. This could be because they are currently on a flight, on the subway, or have switched their smartphone off.
- Outside: A number of users will be found as 'Outside' the SearchLight region. These users will not be automatically alerted by Smart24 or the Grid. Users who are found to be outside the SearchLight region will not be visible on the map.
- Those who are 'Inside' will be able to send further information through an automatic status check from Smart24, with the user able to select 'I'm safe'; 'I need assistance'; or 'Unsure, contact me later.' This will be reflected on the SearchLight module for Grid Administrators within the 'Safety Status' area.
Once you have seen users marked as inside, outside, or unconfirmed, you can then choose to communicate to them directly from the Grid by following the below steps:
- Filter the table to show the users you want to communicate to, you can filter by their status, safety status, or by their group.
- Select the users you want to message, or click select all.
- Click the message icon.
- Select SMS, email, or Push Notification. You can choose any one of these methods, or all three methods to be sent simultaneously.
- Enter a subject line. This will only appear in email.
- Enter your message content.
- Click 'Send Message'
Please see below for a short video demonstrating how to create a SearchLight region, and how this would appear for your app users.
Please sign in to leave a comment.