The purpose of the Maintenance Panel is to help you run a more cost effective fleet by scheduling on-time preventative maintenance tasks. This will help keep your vehicles in good operating condition. The panel helps address concerns like “Tell me when my vehicle will have driven 20,000 km so that I can schedule a tire change” and “Show me a vehicle's service history”.
This is achieved by creating Jobs for your vehicles. Jobs can move through the following stages: Scheduled, Overdue and Completed:
- Scheduled Jobs are jobs where a due date for when the vehicles should go in for a maintenance job has been chosen.
- Overdue Jobs are jobs where the scheduled due date has been exceeded.
- Completed Jobs are jobs that are confirmed to have been carried out, and for which you may optionally store further information about the job details.
All jobs, either scheduled, overdue or completed will be shown in the maintenance table under the Jobs tab. Scheduled jobs are marked in blue, overdue jobs are marked in red and completed jobs marked in green.
Click on the column header to sort specific columns, it is also possible to filter the table. Choose the column you wish to filter, click on the filter icon and choose the specific filter you want to apply. You can for example filter the Due Date column to only show jobs that are scheduled in less than 200 km or 7 days.
The picture below shows the maintenance table filtered to only displaying jobs that are due in less than 7 days:
The entire table, or selected rows, can here be exported as an Excel file by clicking the Export button in the top right corner:
It is also possible to search for e.g a specific vehicle name, group or date in the search bar located in the top right corner:
Further, each Job has a Job Type, and each Job Type has a method in which the Due Date is determined. The Due Date can be determined via:
- A fixed due date. This might be appropriate for an annual or six monthly check.
- By distance driven (in km). This might be appropriate for preventative maintenance jobs or jobs that need scheduling by distance, for instance a tire change after 20,000 km driven.
- All methods. This might be suitable for jobs which need performing according to some period of time or distance driven, whichever comes soonest, such as a general maintenance job.
Please note that maintenance jobs that are determined through all methods will change from Scheduled to Overdue if the due date has passed or if the kilometers driven have exceeded the set limit, whichever comes first.
There is also an option of displaying all maintenance jobs in a calendar view. Click on Calendar in the sidebar menu. Further choose if you want to look at your maintenance jobs by Agenda, Weekly or Monthly view and select the date you want to display: