With the Google Earth integration on the Grid, you can bulk upload locations directly from Google Earth onto the Grid, making setting up your platform quick and pain free. In the below example, we'll show an example of uploading a group of Embassies based in Cairo.
1. Open Google Earth on your desktop, and search for your desired locations. In this example, we've searched for 'Embassies in Cairo'
2. Once you've conducted the search, you'll see a list of locations in the left column, as well as displayed on the map screen.
3. Click on the folder icon to save this search in a 'Places' folder.
4. You now have a places folder, titled with your search phrase.
5. Right click the new folder, which will bring up an additional option menu. From here click 'Save Place As...' and give it an easy to remember title.
6. Now head to your Grid platform - grid.track24.com - and login. Head to the Locations menu on the left column, and click 'Import from CSV/KML/KMZ'.
7. Select the group you want these locations to apply to. This could be 'Main' for your entire platform, or a specific group who should only have access to these locations.
8. Click 'Choose file' to locate the places file you saved earlier. Once selected, it will automatically upload to the platform, as long as you have selected the group already.
9. Refresh your browser to see your locations on the map. You can now update these locations with new icons, or annotations providing more information.