The add new immediate alert function is a feature that will send out a notification to a chosen email address when a set of parameters regarding driving events have exceeded or are equal to a given limit.
It is possible to create a new immediate alert that monitor different event types (like idling and/or harsh braking) for multiple devices, both drivers and vehicles, at the same time.
Please note that only Client Administrators are able to create immediate alerts. An End User does not have access to settings, and can therefore not make any changes.
The following steps shows how to add a new immediate alert:
- Navigate to Notifications on the Panel Selector (menu) located on the left hand-side of the page.
- Click on Add New Immediate Alert.
- Give the immediate alert a title.
- Tick off the drivers to be monitored and included in the alert.
- Tick off the vehicles to be monitored and included in the alert.
- Tick off the event types to be monitored and included in the alert.
- Fill out the email form field with the email address of everyone who will receive the immediate alert. Remember to put a comma between the different addresses if there are several recipients.
- Choose the threshold of number of events over either 15 minutes or 1 hour.
- Click Submit Alert.
Please note that if response times faster than fifteen minutes, or notifications via SMS are required, then our Grid application must be used. This is because broadly speaking, the focus of the IVMS platform is on the longer term driving patterns of your drivers, whilst our Grid application is about real time visibility and alerting for security.