When a vehicle has been added to your platform, you can edit the details and group of the vehicle if you are a Client Administrator.
You are able to edit vehicle details like name, device type, manufacturer and manufacture year, VIN, registration number, model, colour, size, ownership type and if a seatbelt sensor is installed. It is also possible to upload a picture of the vehicle to the platform.
The Network Serial Number 1 (In most cases the IMEI number of a device), is a ‘permanent’ unique identifier, and can therefore not be changed by a Client Administrator.
The following steps shows how to add or edit vehicle details:
- Navigate to Settings on the Panel Selector (menu) located on the left hand-side of the page.
- Choose your account under Client Settings.
- Click on the plus-symbol next to Vehicles.
- Press the edit symbol on the right hand side of the vehicle you wish to edit.
- Fill out the different form fields that you want to edit. The more information you fill out, the better usage you will get from the IVMS platform.
- Click Update.
It is also under the edit symbol that you can change the group a vehicle is located in. Scroll down on the editing page until you see Group, and select which group you want the vehicle to be located in. Click Update.