When a vehicle has been added to your platform, you can edit the details and group of the vehicle if you are a Client Administrator.
You are able to edit vehicle details like name, device type, manufacturer and manufacture year, VIN, registration number, model, colour, size, ownership type and if a seatbelt sensor is installed. It is also possible to upload a picture of the vehicle to the platform.
The Network Serial Number 1 (In most cases the IMEI number of a device), is a ‘permanent’ unique identifier, and can therefore not be changed by a Client Administrator.
The following steps shows how to add or edit vehicle details:
- Navigate to Settings on the Panel Selector (menu) located on the left hand-side of the page.
- Choose your account under Client Settings.
- Click on the plus-symbol next to Vehicles.
- Press the edit symbol on the right hand side of the vehicle you wish to edit.
- Fill out the different form fields that you want to edit. The more information you fill out, the better usage you will get from the IVMS platform.
- Click Update.
It is also under the edit symbol that you can change the group a vehicle is located in. Scroll down on the editing page until you see Group, and select which group you want the vehicle to be located in. Click Update.
Article is closed for comments.