The itinerary management function (accessed via Activity alerts on the map mage) is useful for organisations with multiple sites (such as owned premises, airports, hotels, points of interest, etc.) who want a way to add alerts that allow them to see staff movement between these locations, so that they can enact the correct duty of care for their staff.
Itinerary management incorporates notifications which can be configured by sites for a period of time and will send alerts to web operators of any staff movement. There is a dedicated page for managing the configuration and maintenance of Activity of staff for the duration of journey.
Adding Activity Alerts for Site check ins
Web operators can create 'Activity Alerts’ by geofenced locations and be notified of movement of staff during a certain period of time. They have the ability to create an activity alert for operational sites then add staff, add rules for movement during a time period which will then generate notifications if named staff enter or leave the locations between the specified times.
Note: before you can create Activity Alerts you will need to add your sites from the main map page.
- Create an alert:
Select Activity Alerts from the map navigation tool which opens the Activity Alert side panel.
- Add Rules:
Shows user a menu of options starting with adding Groups or Individuals if they exit or enter Site(s); During a defined date range and between specific times (24hr clock)
- Edit or Duplicate
The Edit function will allow users to amend any elements within the rules for the alert. The Duplicate function allows users to copy existing alerts without having to create from scratch.
Under the Actions tab in the Activity Alert, users can see the option to Delete, here they can remove the alert and all associated rules if it is no longer required.
Shows messages within the created activity alerts, and the web operator can communicate with the specific mobile users associated.
Notifications are split out in the AtlasNXT Notifications sidebar, so that users can easily see alerts by categories
- Staff: relates to notifications from Overwatch, Critical Events, and Activity alerts
- Threats: relates to Data Feed notifications
- Read - a combination of read notifications from both Staff & Threats tabs
Testing Activity Alerts
- In the map page, the user will see the Activity Alert side panel. The list displayed is split by Active and Inactive with the most recent activity at the top of the view.
- Users can Sort also by date created, with the default being the newest at the top.
- Filter options are by Country and Status (Active/Inactive)
- To create a new alert click on the button “New” Activity alert side panel is visible
- Add a name for the alert; this has to be unique and cannot be a duplicate.
- Next, select from the staff dropdown (Groups and/or Individuals)
- The Enter & Exit checkboxes are selected by default and users can deselect as required.
- E.g. if you only wish to track Entry then select this and deselect Exit.
- Users can then choose sites from the dropdown list or by clicking on them via the map.
- Once sites are added users can then set a duration for the alert.
Add From and To dates - these have to be current or future dates, not past dates.
- The radio buttons and time pickers are disabled until Start and End date are both defined.
- Selecting the ‘Between’ radio button enables the time picker (24hr format)
- Timezone is defaults to then operator’s timezone
- The “Create” button is disabled until the four main fields are completed.
- Once the Alert is created the user is navigated to the new Activity Alert page
- Here you should see the Map with the sites pinned.
- In the header of the page the Activity name is displayed along with
- Duration From and To and the time set for rules (Exit or Entry)
- There is an Actions button which allows user to:
- Edit - here users can change the rules for the alert, add / remove members of Group (or Users), add / remove sites, change the Date / Duration and time.
- Duplicate - Within the duplicated alert user can re-enter the details, add / remove members of Group (or Users), add / remove sites, change the Date / Duration and time
- Delete - removes the alert, all rules associated and returns the user back to the Activity alerts side panel.
Notifications will appear once users start to move in and out of the site and the web operator can review the alert information and ensure the wellbeing of staff.
- Activity is recorded and displayed as a toast notification on the map as well as in the Notifications tab in the main navigation
Messages within the Activity alert will allow the web operator to see a list of mobile users within the Activity alerts page
- Web operators can 'Select All' and this will display a count of all users and should match the total number of users added to activity alert.
- To select individual users to message simply check the box next to each user individually, this will display a count of specifically selected users.
- The “Message Selected” button is activated by selecting at least one user
- Then Header will show a number of staff selected to send message to
- The Cancel button will deselect all users and button will change the option to “Filter”
- Click on “Message Selected” button to open the side panel and start messaging users
- The message “To” field is pre-fill with selected Users / Groups