The Library is AtlasNXT’s document repository and sharing tool.
The library is home to all documents that you upload to AtlasNXT. From the library you can manage all documents, in particular by customising who a document is shared with, based on their location or group. Documents can also be added to folders for easy management.
Documents can be uploaded by web operators as pdf, jpeg/jpg or png with a max size of 8MB by selecting a file to upload or by dragging and dropping the desired file into the app.
The file will be shared with defined recipients - selected app users grouped according to a wide variety of criteria such as by country, site, current location or group. The system provides the option to save the specific recipient criteria for the future. Documents can also be shared for a specific time period only - or if required, indefinitely.
Documents shared to a specific country or site will also appear on the map page when selecting the relevant country or site.
Documents can be set to have interactive elements, for a specific actions from recipients. Once the web user has uploaded the response template, sharing rules and duration are assigned to the document before sharing.
Additionally the web user can pick an existing document and apply an interactive template so that interactions can be requested from Mobile app users.
SCENARIO: This allows users to share documents in bulk to a specific group of individuals and the platform operator can monitor them, review and request timely responses directly as required. For example, when an employee has to sign compliance related documentation such as fire alarm protocol, or travel acknowledgement of company travel policy then the web operator can create or upload a document, add interaction and set a time frame for when mobile users need to have responded to the shared document.
Testing Sharing document and Interactive Documents
Document Sharing is a way for web operators to send out documentation and request responses with tailored groups or specific individuals mobile app users. Web users can create a new Interaction Template or edit an existing document and add interactive elements from a template
- Select the option “Make Interactive” to initiate the interactive element of document sharing. When user selects this checkbox, a list of available templates will appear in the dropdown or if none exist (have been created before) then user can add a new one by choosing the option “+ Create New Template” hyperlink
- Once an option has been selected, this will open a new Template Review side panel.
- If creating a new template then web user will need to add a Template Name and then start to build the interactive elements from the four available as below:
- Photo (one image)
- Checkboxes (Multi selection)
- Text Area
- Radio Buttons (Single select from multiple options)
- Web User will see the message “Template cannot be switched after document has been uploaded” this is so that use that once a template has assigned to a document the relationship is locked
- The web user can then “Preview” the interactive template so as to check what this will look like for mobile users (recipients of the document).
- The web user can add a Response Frequency if they expect interaction from Mobile users. Anyone who matches the sharing criteria of this document will be required to respond based on the defined frequency for the duration of the document lifetime.
- Setting a Response Deadline allows the web user to set a date via the date picker (displayed as DD/MM/YYYY).
- The dates are restricted to the duration the document is shared for (if selected) and users cannot select dates outside this period.
- Returning to the Library and then on “All Files” user can click on “New” to upload a new Interaction template to the document library
- There is also the option to Filter and toggle the documents to show All Documents or Interactive Only. If “Interactive Only” is selected the grid will only return those documents that have been flagged “Make Interactive”
- Clicking on three dots (ellipsis) will expand to display Actions that can be done to an interactive template.
- Clicking on Add Interaction - which can be added to an existing document that does not have not any interaction will allow the user to follow the interactive document workflow for adding elements to a template.
- Users can Delete the Interaction template but if it has been assigned to a document the Interaction template will be deleted from the library; the response history for the documents linked will also be deleted. Any document linked remains
- Choosing the Cancel option will return user back to main All Files page
- Web users can review the Responses Deadline column in the grid. A warning icon is displayed if response(s) are not received within the set date parameters
- Web users can Search by Name or by Date and will see a green check on each user if the document has fulfilled all response criteria.
- As a mobile user once the document has been shared with me by a web operator, I can open the file to read the document shared and if the document is Interactive then I can:
- Add an image - either from my mobile device camera or upload from gallery
- Select Radio buttons - as required
- Enter free text - if the free text box
- Tick checkbox - or check as many checkboxes if this has multi select
- If any of the elements on the Interactive document are Optional then I can proceed and submit without seeing an error.
If any of the elements on the Interactive document are Mandatory then when I try and submit without adding information as required I will see an error when I try to submit the document